jdm greddy type s bov

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  doorcheese 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That's $20 better spent on beer.

That BOV is a piece of dog crap.

#6 ·
John, look at the auction....:lol:

There are decent knockoffs and then there are crappy knockoffs. This one looks like it's in the latter group....

#9 ·
my friend has the greddy STYLE type s....i absolutly HATE that sound it makes....get the greddy STYLE type RS....sounds SOOOOOOO much better...cant really hear it at idle when u rev....but its a nice thin whistle, nto like the HKS, when ur on boost

#10 ·
mike saunders said:
John, look at the auction....:lol:

There are decent knockoffs and then there are crappy knockoffs. This one looks like it's in the latter group....
I agree Mike, that one looks kind of cheap, I was refering to the greedy style rs that I posted about a few months back and huntsdog did a report on all of them and loved the greedy style rs. People interested should do a search and all the info is there;)

John

#11 ·
Spot on John - Huntdog really pleased with his cheap knockoff :cool:

The HKS copy I bought cheap worked OK too, but the finish was pretty shocking.

RS-Type has a good finish, works well and requires no maintenance :cheesy:

#13 ·
I think Ebay had a bit of a purge. 'Greddy Style BOV' used to bring up hundreds of items. I checked my feedback and where I got mine isn't doing them anymore.

I got mine some place else to John though and we both got a quality item.

Suggest you do another search for RS style, then have a look through the seller's feedback on people that bought the BOV.

#16 ·
i dont think u guys dont know how good these ebay knock offs work...i'd been using them since my last saab and they work great

#17 ·
screamingreen97 said:
i dont think u guys dont know how good these ebay knock offs work...i'd been using them since my last saab and they work great

What have you done to increase the amount of airflow or the boost pressure? (An MBC doesn't really count, as you're still limited by the ECU's boost mapping.)

Nearly anything will work fine with a stock setup. In fact, the cheapest option is just to convert the exisiting BPV into a BOV. Costs a couple of bucks and an hour's time...

#19 ·
doorcheese said:
will i even be able to hear the bov with only like 6.5 psi?

im thinking about modding my car in this order

bov
intake
ecu
cat back

or should i do the cat back befor the ecu tune?

Here's what I'd recommend

MBC+A
3" downpipe
Intercooler
ECU....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.