SaabCentral Forums banner

Talladega front lip for NG900..

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  hkayssi 
#1 ·
For those who have purchased the Saab Catalog/Talladega front lip for their NG900s...

-Does it come in the same black plastic as the stock sideskirts and front lip piece it replaces?

-Any ideas on an inexpensive source for one in the US? I see it on partsforsaabs, but not at GS..

Thanks!

#7 ·
Jeremy R. said:
The one that was in the Saab Catalog was the same as the Talladega spoiler. It comes primed in a dark grey paint, ready to be painted, so it doesn't have the same finish as the sills and the original lip piece. It's more of a dark grey color.
This is what I was afraid of. I was hoping it was the same finish as the regular lip and sideskirts. I'm not sure how I feel about having to paint the sideskirts.

Thanks for the info..

#13 ·
hkayssi said:
That's a diffrent story. To get those you have to be patient but the Viggen side skirts match better with the lip spoiler (the curves match better).
That is true. I had planned on modifying the outer corners of the Talladega lip to more appropriately match the curvature of the 9-3 SE skirts.

#14 ·
byastremski said:
i was considering do a lip spoiler with 9-3 se side skirts... has anyone seen this done before???
That's exactly what I had on my car. I liked it a lot more than the stock Talladega look, and 9-3 side skirts are fairly inexpensive as far as new parts go. I paid about $120 each for the skirts and $100 to have the pair painted. This is a picture of it back then:

#18 ·
Jeremy, I'm pretty sure I know your Talladega. You have a roof spoiler right? Your car is the first car that motivated me to start modifying my SAAB about a year ago or more actually. I have a few pics of the car in my folder :cheesy:. The second one was Kevin Yanktons.Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet car :cheesy: Love the wheels, roof spoiler and everything when you think about it :cheesy: Very sharp and shows great taste.

#21 ·
hkayssi said:
Jeremy, I'm pretty sure I know your Talladega. You have a roof spoiler right?
Yep, I have a roof spoiler, and that's the only thing that's kept me from getting a 9-3 hatch. I love that spoiler! :cheesy: There are a couple more pictures of my car on the Saab Club of Seattle website, but they're not really current. The car's been lowered since then and has Viggen bumpers and a Viggen spoiler. I'll have to get them to update it and add an interior picture.

#22 ·
Jeremy R. said:
Yep, I have a roof spoiler, and that's the only thing that's kept me from getting a 9-3 hatch. I love that spoiler! :cheesy: There are a couple more pictures of my car on the Saab Club of Seattle website, but they're not really current. The car's been lowered since then and has Viggen bumpers and a Viggen spoiler. I'll have to get them to update it and add an interior picture.
That's where I saw yor car :cheesy:
It's a beautiful car. I would love to see new pics too. I have all the Viggen body kit minus the front bumper. I can't seem to find one in Canada; they're hard to come by and if I want to import one from the US the duties plus shipping and brokerage fees are killing all possible deals. I'd end up paying more than a brand new bumper :cry:

What I love best are those Aero double spokes wheels they're sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cheesy: And the roof spoiler too! Man! you have a great looking car and a Talladega on top of that. I'm envious

Well if you have the Viggen bumper now, you won't need that old Talladega lip spoiler. Wanna sell it?????? :cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.