SaabCentral Forums banner

3" dp question for t7!?!?!

809 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  turboAERO 
G
#1 ·
So I've been talking to some guys I know who are big into the whole honda tuning and the guy was running a t28 18g turbo with a 3" dp and all but with his honda and like my t7 system it would trip the system w/o the catalyst....but he was telling me that all I need to do is buy a 02 simulator that will send the correct voltage to the ecu so it doesnt trip the codes and put me into limp mode.

My question is though that are dp's use a before and after 02 sensor system on them so if i would simulate one or the other would it work...or would i need to simulators for each end? I found an ECG o2 simulator which is said to work for any secondary narrow-band o2 sensors..so im guessing it should do the job right for me????

Also by doing this I know many of you would say that it is going to be possible hard on the car for certain reasons, so any logic in that field would also be helpful to me to make sure I dont get into this before I know something may get messed up.

The pipe Im getting is off of a 1997 900 (t5) so I also want to make sure that it will all bolt directly on (i cant see why not but better to be safe then sorry)??

Hope someone can be of some help I would like to get this order and maybe start making my car more then stock...its getting boring:lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
the T5 pipe will fit. However, I have heard goot and bad things about removing the cat. Obviously it is going to pulute significantly more, but I have also heard that the performance gains aren't necessarily worth it, sometimes it will actually lose a little bit(don't ask me how). But if it already doesn't have a cat and the price is right then go for it!

#3 ·
Buy a generic Catco cat (3 inch inlet and outlet) for $65 and have it welded into the DP, along with a bung behind the cat. If you're worried about the O2 sensor -- which you shouldn't be -- install an "anti-fouler" which screws onto the O2 sensor and into the bung and takes the O2 sensor out of the direct stream of the exhaust.

G
#4 ·
alright sounds good im getting it sent to me....i just wanted to make sure that an o2 simulator or "anti-fouler" would work and not throw me in limp...but the price is rights soo its on the way:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.