Sensonic for sale

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  twarner776 
#1 ·
Saw this on 'blink.net'

Sensonic 900

Nice car, would be fun to try before it goes boom buy next owner

#5 ·
Troll_speed said:
Can someone give info as to the 'Euro-spec variable level headlights and controls' or the 'Custom Robinson Racing cold air intake' ??

Thanks
I can answer the first part. It's a headlight leveling system. There's a motor on the back of each headlight that can raise or lower the lights with a dial on the dashboard. It was standard in Europe, and I've got all the parts ready to go in my car if I can just figure out the headlight motor wiring!

#6 ·
Jeremy R. said:
I can answer the first part. It's a headlight leveling system. There's a motor on the back of each headlight that can raise or lower the lights with a dial on the dashboard. It was standard in Europe, and I've got all the parts ready to go in my car if I can just figure out the headlight motor wiring!
I WANT this!!

I need to know a parts list!!

#12 ·
snowboardin58 said:
So is it like the auto-level system in the 9-5 and new 9-3? I want that too! was it ever in America?
It wasn't automatic. Essentially what it's there for is to let you lower the lights if the back of the car is heavily loaded, which would normally make the lights shine higher than they should. The parts needed are:

Electric motor (x2) 4468005 $155.00 (try to find used headlights)
Headlamp Levelling Switch 5106257 $77.00
Switch Plug 9123399 $10.40
Switch Plug pins (x4) 9120957 $2.70
Headlight motor plug (x2) 4411260 $7.40
Motor plug pins (x6) 4411278 $1.90

There's a complete wiring diagram in the Haynes manual and it's easy to wire up, except for the headlight plugs. Neither the plug nor the socket tells you which is pin 1 and which is pin 3.

#15 ·
To be honest, the headlight motors aren't actually THAT useful... I maybe use mine twice a year if that - only to keep em from seizing up!

#19 ·
I've tried left foot braking in mine a few times, usually ends up with me nearly headbutting the steering wheel:cheesy: .

Gearchange on the sensonic is quick, you don;t have to drop the throttle compleley wen you shift, just lift off to drop the revs by 2k or so.

The clutches also last longer as you don't sit balancing them as much,when you have a clutch actuator that costs £1400 to relace you tend to put it out of gear and use the handbrake alot more!
It also lets the clutch slip if the speed of the flywheel and input shaft are vastly different, theres a few other safety measures in there aswell to stop you over reving the engine, through missing gears etc.

#21 · (Edited)
It would help a bit but you need load on the engine to spool the turbo properly, mainly gives you a very quick change, almost like a MC, probably also helps keep air flow moving through the engine and keeps the air speed up, kinda like a bypass valve i suppose.

I'll be video'ing my 15min session on Castle Combe circuit in a few weeks, so you can see a real one in action:D, hopefully the Redline MTL i bought will smooth out the 2nd to 3rd gearchange so i can actually change gear quickly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.