SaabCentral Forums banner

slight studder on start for my 900se

616 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  frylock 
#1 ·
Hey, I just got a 1997 900 se turbo. Everything is perfect, except for one thing.
When starting the car it seems to studder a little bit. Runs perfectly after starting, just takes exactly 3 turnes to start each time.

A friend of mine said that this is either because the engine isnt getting a good spark, or enough fuel.

Can you guys tell me
A) do you agree that its probably something simple like it needs new spark plugs
and
B) I have seen a lot of gold tipped high preformance spark plugs, even made just for saab that claim to raise performance noticably, though they also say they need to be replaced sooner. Do you think the gold tipped more expensive plugs are actually better, and what do you guys use?

Thanks!

#2 ·
It is a spark or fuel thing most likely w/ your starting issue. Here is what to check.

1. Spark plugs. (Use ONLY what is recommended in your manual. Should be NGK BCPR7ES-11 or NGK BCPR6ES-11.)
2. Fuel Presure regulator.
3. Fuel Pump.
4. Check vac lines to.

*Also this post should be under workshop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.