New Member [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: New Member

ericinvermont
3rd April 2007, 09:57 PM
Hey Vintage Saab Lovers,

I'm a new member and thought I'd say hello and give a quick bio.

My first car was a '69 96 that I got for FREE- my dad's boss was moving to Tasmania and decided not to take it. I was hooked and have had old Saabs around ever since. My current cars are the following:

'73 Sonett- burned a valve last summer due to years of no-lead gas. Car is disassembled right not, with new heads ready to bolt on. Heads are from Jack Ashcraft with oversize valves and hardened seats, bought on eBay. Other previous mods include a 2 barrel Weber and an MSS exhaust.
'74 Sonett- bought in December with a bad trans and leaking master cylinder. The good news? It came with a completely redone Jack Lawrence motor- oversize pistons, valves, cam, balanced, light flywheel, etc. I'm in the process of putting the car back together. So far, I've had the trans rebuilt by Jack Lawrence- its bolted up to the motor and is ready to go back in. I completely rebuilt the brake system. Sleeved master, new cylinders, calipers, hardware, pads, shoes, stainless flex lines. Presently, I'm sorting out some electrical issues and next it's time to fill the brake system with juice and then install the drivetrain. Then body work and paint.

I'm happy to share my experiences and answer any questions about work done or planned for the cars. I'm not the expert that I'm sure some of you guys are, but I want to be as helpful as I can.

Eric in Vermont

TakeItEasy
3rd April 2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome Eric! I'm in the Albany, NY area myself, and may pass through Vermont someday on my way to NH when I get my '73 Sonett running well enough to go for a long drive. After a year of fiddling with mine in my spare time, I plan to put it on the road this spring.

Happy Saabing,
Bill

ericinvermont
4th April 2007, 08:22 AM
I hope you stop in for a visit. I'm on the west coast of Vermont, on Lake Champlain, about 20 miles south of Burlington.

I was just out your way last week- I took my son to visit RIT and Clarkson.

Eric in Vermont

GOLFHUNTER
17th April 2007, 05:14 PM
Hi

I think we can say you're lucky .

Welcome here and we hope you will show us your Oldtimers with pictures .

Please , pleeaaasseeee !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanx

TakeItEasy
22nd April 2007, 11:43 PM
Hi

I think we can say you're lucky .

Welcome here and we hope you will show us your Oldtimers with pictures .

Please , pleeaaasseeee !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanx

Mud season here. My Sonett is dirty right now.:x

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/marriedoldguy/SpringSonett.jpg