SaabCentral Forums banner

debagded

915 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Adub 
#1 ·
i debadged the SAAB and 900SE emblems from the rear end....looks smooth and clean now....BUT....i still have a yellowish tint of the outline....will this go away with time and many coats of wax?

#4 ·
ya i used goo gone...didnt work....and i cant find my rubbing compound...i hope the rubbing compound takes it out

#6 ·
Wet sand useing 600 grit sand paper and lots of water then buff the area with polish. That should make it shine like new and get rid of the yellowing. Just don't go crazy with the sanding or you'll burn through the clear coat. Sand just enough to get rid of the yellowed out clear coat.

#9 ·
ill be sure to do all of these...

i was supposed to start debadging the 2.0 Turbo emblem today but i dont know how but it lead to me putting in and wiring up my boost guage, relocating the head light switch, and finally installing my air horn...oh well....ill do it 2morro...spring break is awsome lol

#10 ·
screamingreen97 said:
ill be sure to do all of these...

i was supposed to start debadging the 2.0 Turbo emblem today but i dont know how but it lead to me putting in and wiring up my boost guage, relocating the head light switch, and finally installing my air horn...oh well....ill do it 2morro...spring break is awsome lol
Haha enjoy spring break my friend goooooooooooooooooood times :lol: :cheesy:

#11 ·
Clay bars are amazing i have one. (i work in a detail shop in a chevy dealer) and i would honestly only ever ever use wetsanding as a last resort

Clay block
Heavy compound
Light compound
2 coats wax

should be good
maybe goo gone before the clay

read instructions on clay blocks if you dont know what your doing. saves you from having to repaint.

#12 ·
Just debadged today. Used goo gone to get the adhesive off, and it worked GREAT. However, there are still black outlines of the badge that refuse to come off. They aren't raised or anything, no edge to them whatsoever. I cant get them off, tried hitting em hard with the goo gone, then tried waxing it, and finally tried meguiars scratch remover. Any ideas? I read in a few threads that people had marks from the badge that disappeared a week or two after the badges were off

#14 ·
the paint can supposedly turn black from the adhesive after so many years. it wasn't an issue for me having a black car.

i used goo gone and floss to get my badges off, and then lots more goo gone and rubbing to get the remaining adhesive. some rubbing with one-step sealant to polish and seal, and it's like they were never there! the lighting has to be just right and i have to be at the right angle to see any ghose image at all.

#15 ·
I debadged our red '04 Audi Cabriolet about a month ago. After using goo gone to remove the remaining adhesive, I clayed and then compounded the area with a rotary buffer and Zaino DA Paint Cleaner/Swirl Remover. The area became nice and smooth...buttery to the touch, but you could still see the outline where the emblems used to be. I was tempted to wet-sand the area but I'm glad I didn't. After a few days, the outlines were barely noticeable. You'd have to look closely from a foot away to see anything at all. Now, it's been a month since I debadged and the outlines are all but invisible and the car looks fantastic.

I'm tempted to debadge my Saab, but I kind of like how it looks with the emblems. Why mess with perfection? :cheesy:

#16 ·
I debadged my 900SE and the goo gone worked wonders. I did this about a month ago, and hit it with some nice polish and there are no marks whatsoever left over and theres only a hint of paint fade. Ive waxed once, and plan on doing it again in the near future.. but overall it looks good and you can only notice where the non faded paint is if you are really close. I prefer the no badge look, much cleaner look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.