SaabCentral Forums banner

amp wiring question

531 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Saabrunner05 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I ran a search, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I would like to add an amp, and 2 10" subs to my 2000 9-3 convertible, but I want to keep the factory stereo (for the steering controls). is there a way i.e. adapter that will allow for an easy install of rca red and white cables. I already have the wires run, I was just hoping to do this without splicing into the factory harness. the stereo I have is just the tape player. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
There is a piece, cant remember for the life of me what its called, but it allows you to tap the wires into the existing factory set up so you can keep the factory radio. My friend did it with his catera last year. Anyway, you can get it at walmart for under 20 bucks, but check at circut city or bestbuy if you have one by you too. Its about the size of a deck or cards. Hope this helps some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.