OBD2 Code 1251 ??? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: OBD2 Code 1251 ???

cburkey
02-04-07, 10:04 AM
Can anyone tell me what the OBD2 code 1251 means? This is one of three codes my 2001 9 3 is showing, and I can't find it in the manual.

earthworm
02-04-07, 12:33 PM
If I type in OBD code 1251 to Google, it will give me a million hits, based ramdomly on OBD, 1251, and code.

Good reason to hate google ;oops:

The I insert quotation marks around the OBD II code 1251 and the result is NOTHING, zero hits ! !
Try the OBD board.

Eric in Lockport, N.Y.
02-04-07, 12:55 PM
I believe that it is a throttle housing fault, but I could be wrong...

Check the housing for binding parts, carbon buildup, bad hoses etc.

cburkey
02-04-07, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the response. I too googled it with no luck. I found that it means a faulty injector #1 on a BMW, but that is all I could find. I'll check the housing and clean if necessary.

Thanks again.

Tweek's Turbos
02-04-07, 01:35 PM
Try this site,
http://www.iequus.com/support/obd2_definitions.php (https://server9.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/p5.p1.pbcd.probghg.psfe/support/obd2_definitions.php)

leafybug
10-04-07, 05:26 PM
i just got some news on someones guess as to what the code 1251 is ...

i too am having this problem as of yesterday.

P1251 "Manufacturer Fuel Air Metering"
and also P1260 with the same phrase.

i was told that my throttle body closing needs to be reset....and is electronic and that it needs to be done at a dealership? is this the only easy way to reset the throttle body...

could this code also be caused by the DIC...
could this code also be caused by a bad vaccum tube?

hot_wire
10-04-07, 08:49 PM
The code's not on dtsirlis's list! http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92156

The world is coming to an end!!!! :o

saabtech54
10-04-07, 11:25 PM
:cool: dtc 1251 is throttle control code due to open throttle sensed by ecu when closed throttle is expected.

There are several posible causes including faulty throttle control module at $400.00 plus dollars.

The most common cause is below as described from factory service information

"If the throttle spindle is rotated manually during engine cranking or within a certain time period following engine start, dtc 1251 will be set for throttle control module will be set and the system will enter and remain in limp mode ".

dtsirlis
11-04-07, 12:34 AM
Someone mention my name? :cool:

I got this for code P1251:

CHECK ENGINE. Idling speed incorrect. Cruise control not working. Starting difficulties, especially when the engine is cold.

Are those your symptoms?

Does that make any sense?

You might need to check, clean or replace your throttle body as Saabtech mentioned...

leafybug
11-04-07, 08:03 AM
yeah, all of those pretty much apply. Once the codes are reset, the car runs fine, until medium to hard acceleration, then the code faults again.. then it stalls at low rpms, and wont keep started without some gas.

i guess i will take it in to the dealership.. bah

Someone mention my name? :cool:

I got this for code P1251:

CHECK ENGINE. Idling speed incorrect. Cruise control not working. Starting difficulties, especially when the engine is cold.

Are those your symptoms?

Does that make any sense?

You might need to check, clean or replace your throttle body as Saabtech mentioned...

george14094
07-12-07, 05:34 PM
I am having the same problems on my 2001 saab 95 wagon with the 3.0. After I replaced the thorottle body which the dealer told me was bad it went about 3 miles down the road and it gave me the codes 1260 and 1251. Do I have to go to the dealer to get the thing cleared or something? I tried unsuccessfully to pull the number 17 fuse since my car doesn't have a 17 fuse, I pulled the battery - during the install of the throttle body. Any help would be appreciated.