SaabCentral Forums banner

For those with amps

612 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  martin.nicoll 
#1 ·
Hey for those of you who have put aftermarket amps in your trunk; how many ft of power cable did you have to run? thanks

#2 ·
Mine goes from the battery, up that side of the engine bay, across the back (all neatly cable tied) through the large rubber grommet and up the side of the car to the trunk, along the boot to the middle of the back seat.

I used 25ft of cable, cant remember hom much of it I cut off in excess, but it was enough!

I will post pics of my engine bay leter to show the route I took. You can hardly tell it's there (helps that the cable I used was silver and blue as opposed to red!!)

#3 ·
martin.nicoll said:
Mine goes from the battery, up that side of the engine bay, across the back (all neatly cable tied) through the large rubber grommet and up the side of the car to the trunk, along the boot to the middle of the back seat.

I used 25ft of cable, cant remember hom much of it I cut off in excess, but it was enough!

I will post pics of my engine bay leter to show the route I took. You can hardly tell it's there (helps that the cable I used was silver and blue as opposed to red!!)
Hey thanks thats a big help. I didn't want to take apart my interior only to find out my cable was too short lol.

#5 ·
132417SAAB said:
Hey thanks thats a big help. I didn't want to take apart my interior only to find out my cable was too short lol.
NP, I wil try and get them pics on today. It took me about an hour to run the cable around the engine bay and a couple to run it to the boot! Worth the effort tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.