SaabCentral Forums banner

downpipe flanges

875 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  snowboardin58 
#1 ·
does anybody have a good source for downpipe flanges? I am going in to the shop again today to finish my downpipe and maybe make another o sell on eBay within the next week. Here is what was able to make as a first effort, should be even better with the second one

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Try to get a smoother taper to reduce turbulence.
Here is the one we make for our downpipes.

#7 ·
Nick those are awesome. Do you use a pipe bender? I'll be ordering a downpipe from you in the future, but right now I'm a poor college student with access to welding materials, so I must make due!(Which is why I'm making my own)

is that flange 2.5"-3"?, or 2.25-3?

#8 ·
snowboardin58 said:
Nick those are awesome. Do you use a pipe bender? I'll be ordering a downpipe from you in the future, but right now I'm a poor college student with access to welding materials, so I must make due!(Which is why I'm making my own)

is that flange 2.5"-3"?, or 2.25-3?
Wow I would've loved to be as poor as you are when I was a student.
94 900s,00 9-3 Viggen,01 9-5 SE,73 240Z, you have a Viggen kit and all those mods you're doing :eek: Nice collection of cars by the way. Great taste in cars :cool:

Can you even driver all those cars???? Your insurance rates must be murder :eek:

#9 ·
hkayssi said:
Wow I would've loved to be as poor as you are when I was a student.
94 900s,00 9-3 Viggen,01 9-5 SE,73 240Z, you have a Viggen kit and all those mods you're doing :eek: Nice collection of cars by the way. Great taste in cars :cool:

Can you even driver all those cars???? Your insurance rates must be murder :eek:
hahaha well technically my parents own the Viggen and Datsun under their dealer's license, but I'm the one who drives them 95% of the time. The 9-5 is my Mom's but I listed it because its a Saab and it sits in the garage, or I drive it when I'm picking her up/dropping her off at the local dealerships. And the 900 is the only car we have not on a dealer plate..my own plate.

that being said I have to pay for insurance and gas and am currently not working employed much for about another month. But then I will have the money for stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.