SaabCentral Forums banner

Nokian tires

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  sleet 
#1 ·
has anyone heard about this brand?
i heard they are superior tires

#3 ·
I have a pair of Nokian tyres on my 9000 right now, they were fitted new on the rear axle; the car is rock solid at the rear with no twitchyness in even the heaviest rain.

They are well made with easy to understand treadwear indicators [in millimeters], low toxicity manufacture process and grip!

They are Nokian Z, a high performance Scandinavian summer tyre, they are average to poor in snow but offer superlative performance in other conditions.

Brilliant tyres that match performance of the best at the mid price point.

#10 ·
The KDW2s suck in the snow, but they're great on dry pavement.

For winter tires, I have Michelin Alpin Pilots on my car and Nokian Hakkapellitta 2s on my wife's car. The Nokians are amazing. I'd use them in a heartbeat...

#17 ·
Dam, 30-40K is a short life??

My SPG's tires I am lucky to get 4K on a ser

Last set of tires on my viggens lasted about 12K for the summer tires & 20K for the all season tires

30-40K is to long for me, that's what I use on my minivan :)

#21 ·
sorry to hijack the thread but im puttin the 17 summer wheels on soon and need to know if i can use 225-45-17 the rims are bbs rkII's 17x7.5- i beleive is the width.. at least thats what i was told by the seller of them. so would 225-45-17 fit with no rubbing at all with my 99 9-3 being lowered with koni sport kit? or do i need to go with 215's? recommendations????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.