SaabCentral Forums banner

Tweek's (deal) of the week.

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Tboy 
#1 ·
In the eternal quest to pay less money to build a viggen than just buy one, I have made another step forward.

Both Viggen front calipers and caliper mounting brackets are being shipped to me for a grand total of $100 flat. Pics to come.

#3 ·
Good find!,

But I have to one up ;)

Last night I picked up front and rear 02 9-5 aero calipers, frames and brake pads for 160!!

I would've gotten the rotors too but the seller needs to put the wheels back on to roll it out of the garage. I'll try and pick those up in a few weeks but will probably have to pay more money!!

Also picked up the shift knob and boot from this car for 20 bucks.

Big brakes here I come!!
Tboy

#6 ·
a word of warning tho' tweeks, dont buy saab discs for the viggen, they are rubbish for one they are slotted wrong, they dont do handed slots so the discs are both the same :roll: and for two i've had saab disc on my car for just over a year and they have warped ;oops: this isnt the first time i've heard of the viggen discs doin' this :evil: so when i can spare a few quid i'll be buying from a different supplier

#10 ·
DanS said:
I'm pretty sure the Viggen also uses the 9-5's larger master cylinder as well as the other brake components. I'm no master mechanic, but the must be a reason behind that Saab decision.
From this thread here, I think you are right, the vigg also has a larger master cylinder.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44357&highlight=viggen+brakes

Stands to reason that is to increase the amount of fluid in the system so that it has less chance of overheating.

Tboy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.