SaabCentral Forums banner

Greddy

778 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryan33 
#1 ·
ok well I have recently come across some dicounts on greddy products through a friend so I was wondering will greddy the electronic boost controller, turbo timer and front mount work for my 02 viggen?

#4 ·
Like tweeks said, there is no need for a turbo timer, just another gadget in the car that makes it look faster then it really is...not be harsh but there is no need for one, seeing how these cars are oil and water cooled prior to shutting the car off just dont get into boost and there will be no problems with shutting the car off when you reach your destiantion...

as for the fmic...they do make good cores but it will be a ***** to makes piping for it, it's been done alot, i have done it, as well as many others but if your looking for a direct fit that is gonna be tough...but all in all if you do anything just get a fmic...save your money with the boost controller and the turbo timer...

#5 ·
oh ok thanks because my brother told me about what he and his firend were doing last nigth and he was wondering if I wanted in because he is getting a fmic for his WRX and my friend is buying a full turbo kit for his miata so i was jsut seeing what probucts that greddy makes that I could think aobut putting on my car.

THANKS

#9 ·
tweeks: ok well I will check it out and I know the general manager for my local saab dealer he can help me out.

Ryan: well the only reason I was looking at greddy is because I can save a ton of money. but later on I am buying suspension parts from there.

anyway I don't think I am going to upgrade the turbo until its time for a new one.

#10 ·
You can only tune up to ~15psi on the stock ECU, so why not just tune it with a MBC+a to 15 and leave it there?

Electronic boost controllers are really best for custom built turbo setups. The advantage of having the electric one is that you can change between a low boost (pump gas) and high boost (100-116 octane). You can also tune your boost quickly and accurately while monitoring a/f ratio, egt's, etc while on a dyno. This isnt something that you would ever do on a mostly stock 900/9-3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.