SaabCentral Forums banner

water injection - diy

890 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  John Z Williams 
#1 ·
question - i dont feel like spending alot of money on a water injection system so what about using an old washer-fluid setup and some tubing? just curious as i know it dont add any power.

#2 ·
Will not work if you are planning on using the stock window washer pump and jets. You need a pump that will atomize the water along with good jets and thin tubing. So you are out of luck. You have to pay to play. If you have around 200 bucks you can make it work with a surflow pump and go from there. There are other considerations as well. Search and you will find.

#3 ·
Ims is right, the atomozation of the water/methonal is the key and you need a good 100-140psi pump. I run the snowperformance.net system, the basic system is around 300-400 bucks, but I tell you with a good tune and the 2.0 motor, the added torque and slightly earlier spool of the turbo is a real nice thing to have. I love my system. They also make some special nitromethane that you can add to the mix for a 50hp shot, kind of like nitrous, has an extra oxygen molecule in there;)

John

#6 ·
I agree, the biggest down-side of the system is filling the stupid tank up all the time. My system came with a 2qt tank and I have a 325ml nozzle at 140psi, it flows a lot, it actually richens my mixture by a full point, but it will go through the entire tank in about 100 miles:eek: It sucks to run out and then not be able to boost the car because you are out of w/m. I now carry around a pre-mixed gallon of w/m in the trunk, but its kind of a pain. They do make a 7qt bottle, but its too big for my engine bay. Converting the washer bottle would give me over double the capacity, might do that someday.

I like the idea of keeping the head and combustion chamber all nice and clean. Carbon build up can rob hp and that is one great side-effect of the w/m. It also allows you to run more timing and a leaner a/f since you do not have to rely on a rich mixture to cool or wash the cylinder walls down.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.