SaabCentral Forums banner

Aftermarket ECU

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sailorcolin 
#1 ·
Does the stage 1 aftermarket ecu raise the boost pressure or do you have to put on a mbc or a mbc+a?

#2 ·
I think that Stage 1 will only make better use of what's already available - AFAIK it keeps the 1st and 2nd gear boost restrictions (wheras the MBC will remove that at the risk of your transmission) and uses the fuel/air better throughout the range.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I thought that stage 1 was a wastegate control and fuel map programme to better utilise stock components for an increase in power:
a] The wastegate is opened at higher boost from 3rd gear.
b] The fuelling map is increased accordingly to minimise the chance of knocking [pre-ignition] under high load/speed.

#4 ·
sailorcolin... i don't know if you know... but this section of the forum is for 94-02 900's and 9-3's... i was looking at your profile and it says you have a 1990 900 s and i believe as far as they are concerned you can get a red apc box... but as far as stages??? but if you do have another car i don't know about stormcrow already gave you the answer... good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.