How to change a bulb?? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: How to change a bulb??

DiMoNd
23-03-07, 09:48 AM
Hi guys! I am trying to change a bulb which is located in the speedometer. I mean the lights are working only for the first 140km/h and then no light.It is not that I have pressed the night panel button. I have bought the bulb which costed 50 SEK= 5 euros and they ask me to pay almost 200-300 euros to change it. So I would like a little help on how to change it..

Thank you!

Old Goat
23-03-07, 09:52 AM
You have to take apart the dash board. There are little holders in the back of the panel that hold the bulbs in place.

Do a search on removing the dash board and you should find instructions on how to do that.

earthworm
23-03-07, 11:01 AM
The easy to work on car is a thing of the past, which is not good:nono; .

You could by an old air-cooled VW - a blind man can change these dash light bulbs, and with no tools..
Today, the engineers think that at least most of the parts last the life of the car... but they forgot a little thing called "quality control"... and that the life of the vehicle is 15 years, not 7 or 10 as they seem to think..

This unearthing of the instrument cluster is a one hour task- at least - I am faced with doing this as well - this spring..