What NOT to do in a SAAB [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What NOT to do in a SAAB

SaabKen
16th March 2007, 01:56 AM
Embarassing (and stoopid) for anyone to do, not to mention doing it in a SAAB :nono;

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8c05c93a-3d3b-4375-b687-fd1d9e08b438&entry=index
(http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8c05c93a-3d3b-4375-b687-fd1d9e08b438&entry=index)

Witchblade's Butler Busted for DUI

by Josh Grossberg
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:23:09 PM PDT
Apparently, Yancy Butler has yet to exorcise those demons.

The former Witchblade star was arrested Tuesday by Connecticut State Police and charged with driving under the influence after plowing her Saab 900 into a guardrail near the town of Bantam.

The 36-year-old Butler was taken to a nearby station, where she was booked on the DUI and a second count of failure to drive in the established lane, police said.

She was detained for several hours before being released on $500 bail. The actor is scheduled to be arraigned in Bantam Superior Court on Mar. 26.

Unfortunately, Tuesday's incident is the latest for Butler, whose off-on battle with the bottle has derailed her career and left her facing serious legal problems.

Last month, a Connecticut judge ordered her to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings seven times a week after state police nabbed her on a disorderly conduct charge.

"She is taking the proper steps to address her issues," her court-appointed attorney, Larry Peck, told Connecticut's Register Citizen at the time.

Those issues date back years.

Two days prior, Butler allegedly phoned 911 after a fight with her boyfriend, 53-year-old Earl Ward Jr. Responding officers reported witnessing a drunk Butler carping about Ward, who refused to hand over her car keys. The argument resulted in her throwing several items at him.

Ward later told police that Butler had been smoking crack cocaine and drinking liquor over the course of the weekend.

In January, one of Butler's ex-boyfriends, James Driscoll, was arrested on harassing and stalking charges after distributing nasty fliers about her in nearby Kent, where she was attending rehab.

In 2003, Butler was taken into custody in Delray, Florida, for disorderly intoxication and sentenced to a substance-abuse treatment program after police there found her stumbling in and out of traffic.

A year earlier, the New York native was arrested after getting into a fight with her showbiz dad, Joe Butler, ex-drummer for '60s folk-rockers the Lovin' Spoonful. She was charged with criminal contempt for violating an order of protection and two counts of harassment. She subsequently completed a stint in rehab and attended counseling sessions.

Butler's booze binges forced TNT to briefly shut down production on Witchblade midway through the show's second season in 2002 so she could attend rehab. Despite a slight uptick in the ratings for the supernatural drama, network execs decided to pull the plug, in part because of Butler's offscreen troubles.

Butler's other credits include the films Hard Target and Drop Zone, as well as the TV series Brooklyn South. Most recently, she appeared in the Sci Fi Channel TV movie Basilisk: The Serpent King and the straight-to-video thriller Striking Range opposite Lou Diamond Phillips, both released last year.

mike saunders
16th March 2007, 03:19 AM
Drunk cuties FTW......

I'll rot in hell for that...but I'm cold now..

Rodentmaster
16th March 2007, 03:59 AM
......sod her...!

What about the car? :cry:
Is it going to be rescued and go to a good home?

saabassguy
16th March 2007, 10:23 AM
......sod her...!

What about the car? :cry:
Is it going to be rescued and go to a good home?

how we all think a like. lol.

TROLLhattenschatten
16th March 2007, 10:33 AM
mike saunders your going to hell? i hope she does for wrecking the car.

DRINKING+SAAB :nono; :nono; :nono;

DemiGuru
16th March 2007, 10:48 AM
Confession

The adrenaline rush I get when speeding in my SAAB is truly intoxicating.
It is not easy AT ALL for me to go within the speed limit even around town.;oops:

TROLLhattenschatten
16th March 2007, 12:04 PM
yeah...i remember the first time i went WOT in mine. i think i needed a diaper for the rest of the day.

mickel1138
16th March 2007, 12:29 PM
How's the SAAB doing? They didn't mention that... Forget the girl, who's that anyway?