SteveS Carlsson [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SteveS Carlsson

SteveS
15th March 2007, 06:54 PM
Well it's been a few years since i've been on these forums (some may remember my Exlpt Elmo with a white bonnet and 220bhp), mainly because my gearbox blew:cry: and i've been too broke and upset to do anything about the poor girl.

But now as the weather has picked up (and I can't stand her just sitting on the driveway anymore) i've decided to get the gearbox out myself to save money and put a few mods on her too.

She is a 1990 Carlsson and many of you may recognise her from another forum and owner but she has an Abbot Racing Stainless exhaust, all ally intercooler (standard size only) and a Matt Faulks APC tweak. Last time on the rollers she was 200Bhp 210lbft

So onto the projct :cheesy:

1st Gearbox - the bane of every C900 owner :evil:
2nd Abbot charge cooler
3rd JT3" downpipe
4th Cool air intake repiped to allow battery location on nearside of engine bay
5th Braided brake lines
6th mesh front grill

and that's just what i have in the gargage to put on her :cheesy:

SteveS
15th March 2007, 07:23 PM
Some eye candy

Matthew
15th March 2007, 08:27 PM
some may remember my Exlpt Elmo with a white bonnet and 220bhp
Steve Shields? :o

SteveS
16th March 2007, 03:49 PM
Yup :) Long time no see Matthew. Great work you are doing with Fred's LPT.

Well going to pick up the gearbox tomorrow will post some pics once i get it back to the house.:cheesy:

Matthew
16th March 2007, 04:03 PM
Welcome back Steve! :cheesy: Think the last time I saw you was at the Kodak meet!

Great to hear the old girl will be tearing up the tarmac again soon :D

I can't figure out who used to own that Carly. I don't think it's TFatC's as the paintwork's too shiny and it has different wheels.

SteveS
16th March 2007, 05:09 PM
She was a feature car on 900aero.com but soon to be even better! :cheesy:

I think you are right the Kodak meet a few years ago Is that on again this year? i haven't checked yet;oops:

Matthew
16th March 2007, 05:24 PM
Kodak meets don't happen anymore :cry:

ejenner
18th March 2007, 06:46 PM
I think you came to the dyno-day at Power-Engineering? I didn't have a working Saab at the time and was there with my BMW 635? Was that you? Remember you're car was turning lots of heads.

ShadowWorks
3rd April 2007, 04:33 AM
Hi Steve

Very, Very nice Carly;)

Did you crack the bumper or was that a shopping trolly.

SteveS
11th April 2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah that was me at the Dyno Day :cool: thanks.

I have got loads of pics to post as i have done a hell of a lot the past week but it's such a pain to reduce each photo the the correct size limit. Is there any way to get around this does anybody know?

Cheers

SteveS
11th April 2007, 07:59 AM
Did you crack the bumper or was that a shopping trolly.

That crack was on the car when i bought her but i have fiber glassed all behind the crack now so it looks a lot better just needs to be sanded down and sprayed.

Saab-Daniel
11th April 2007, 08:03 AM
http://www.irfanview.com/ should be able to help! :)
Daniel.

ejenner
11th April 2007, 11:19 AM
To display the pictures just send them to me or another someone who has webspace. The pictures can then be uploaded to the webspace and then you just post a link to the photo clicking on the picture of the mountians on the tool bar above. That gets around the size limit because the photos aren't hosted on SaabCentral where the limit is imposed. They simply limit the size of the photos so they don't have to hold to much stuff on their servers. With so many members posting pictures you can imagine it could get out of control quite quickly if anyone could post anything.

SteveS
12th April 2007, 06:28 AM
With so many members posting pictures you can imagine it could get out of control quite quickly if anyone could post anything.

I can totally understand that but the process is still Vexing. Hopefully should have a resolution shortly so you can all see my progress:cheesy:

philjohnhb
12th April 2007, 07:00 AM
I have used imageshack. You have to be patient with the site as sometimes the photo transfer doesn't work. Before the transfer you are given a choice as to the size of the pic. You can then copy the image on to your own PM site on the forum and then send it to yourself as a PM. It's then a simple matter of copying and pasting onto a new post in your thread.

Saab-Daniel
12th April 2007, 07:25 AM
Or, register at Imageshack and you can always return to your site to get thumbnails for your pictures.
Daniel.

unkleG'sif
12th April 2007, 08:47 AM
i just post a pic on the gallery page of the "other, moose related, site", then when its posted i copy the image and past it up in the thread here.....

cheecky, i know... i should use the SC gallery page, but i found the other one first and never bothered switching :roll:

G