turbo/apc gauge plumbing [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: turbo/apc gauge plumbing

sideways
27th April 2003, 10:55 AM
Where does the plumbing go to from the standard turbo gauge in f.p.t 9000's?

I have rescued the turbo, temp & fuel 'end pod' out of a 1988 fpt which i broke for spares a while ago and wish to change it for the temp & fuel one in my 93 lpt.

any advice?!

cheers

BillJ
27th April 2003, 11:06 AM
There's a plastic "Y-piece" in the hose, just above the gearbox. It's not fixed to anything, just supported by the hose. From the bottom of the "Y", a hose goes to the bypass valve. One of the others has a hose to the inlet manifold and the third has a hose that goes through a hole in the false bulkhead to a plastic fitting mounted on the "real" bulkhead, under the plastic cover. This fitting goes through the bulkhead and another hose fits on there and goes across the dashboard (in RHD cars, presumably it doesn't go very far on LHD cars) to the boost gauge.

Clear as mud :-??

sideways
27th April 2003, 11:13 AM
hi billj

erm... dunno if mud is that clear to me! :-?
I have an exsiting aftermarket gauge fitted in one of the cubby holes, can i just fit a 'T' peice into the tubing for that or can I not get away with it?!

BillJ
27th April 2003, 01:36 PM
OK, what I was describing was basically a T-piece. I was just adding some extra information on how it is all routed on the standard FPT, just to cloud the issue.

Yes, you can tee into it.

sideways
27th April 2003, 04:40 PM
Thanx Bill,

I had a look at my dads fpt & with aid of your instructions, got the jist of it, re-arranged my centre console this afternoon & so now know what the pipe/T peice dia. is going to the aftermarket gauge. off to the shops tomorrow methinks!! :)

Cheers GT