Those 9-3SS Knobs [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Those 9-3SS Knobs

Chris 9-5
03-03-07, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know if a 9-3SS gear knob can be fitted to a 9-5?

I'd kinda like one with a silver / stainless centre to it :confused:

http://media.automotive.com/evox/stilllib/saab/9-3/2006/2ca/55.jpg

robw
03-03-07, 03:11 PM
I'm sure with a little persuasion it could...

http://www.chriskula.com/misc/gorilla.jpg

timmehhhhhh
03-03-07, 03:49 PM
If you like it enough maybe you could drill out the center and custom thread it :p

gabis
03-03-07, 04:00 PM
Totally off-topic but that interior makes me want to puke. I thought there were a ton of buttons on the 9-5 console.. that just looks insane.

It is a nice shift knob, though. :lol:

Kermit
03-03-07, 06:43 PM
Phew, thank god for that. I thought i was gonna have to moderate a mods post! :confused: :cheesy:

Cambio
03-03-07, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know if a 9-3SS gear knob can be fitted to a 9-5?

I'd kinda like one with a silver / stainless centre to it :confused:

http://media.automotive.com/evox/stilllib/saab/9-3/2006/2ca/55.jpg

There's just one problem: Reverse is 6th gear! I can see it now: "Since when did I have to lift the knob to get into sixth? *Lift-shift* REEEEEEBAANNGEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Oh yeah that's reverse!"

NickTaliaferro
05-03-07, 09:32 AM
There is a 5speed version for the ss, also used in the chevy cobalt ;) The problem is they are not very durable, I have seen many break and a silly price i is going to be a problem with all the out of wty cars. Msrp like $165 or something. :roll:

robw
05-03-07, 09:49 AM
Msrp like $165 or something. :roll:
For a knob? Must be made of real silver. :o

Chris 9-5
05-03-07, 11:36 AM
I thought it would be ok to lavish money on my knob :confused:

Jssaab
05-03-07, 06:05 PM
I like it ( and need a new one due to the stiching on mine falling apart) Does it have the shift lock out and as Chris is asking will it fit right up? ( or does it need to be made to fit?)

I also think you might be able to get one from a wrecking yard, there were plenty of wrecked Colbalts when I was looking for my transmission parts.

MIKE AERO HOT
05-03-07, 06:27 PM
the new vauxhall vectra has a nice knob, smae shift pattern too! Be a bugger to remove though me thinks

what i really want is an illuminated one, looks stock but gear number grid lights up:cheesy:

robw
05-03-07, 08:59 PM
I thought it would be ok to lavish money on my knob :confused:
Way to go right up to the line without crossing it. :lol:

SectorNine50
06-03-07, 03:11 AM
Way to go right up to the line without crossing it. :lol:
He's the queen of that... :cool:

Kermit
06-03-07, 03:21 AM
No, he's just a queen. ;)

Raven18940
06-03-07, 07:00 AM
I like it ( and need a new one due to the stiching on mine falling apart) Does it have the shift lock out and as Chris is asking will it fit right up? ( or does it need to be made to fit?)

I also think you might be able to get one from a wrecking yard, there were plenty of wrecked Colbalts when I was looking for my transmission parts.
But you'd call, they'ed say "yeah we got that, 5 speed right?" But it'd be 6 speed knob when you got it and by the time it was caught your car would be half apart in the shop and you'd have to use the original one. :p

SectorNine50
06-03-07, 07:45 AM
But you'd call, they'ed say "yeah we got that, 5 speed right?" But it'd be 6 speed knob when you got it and by the time it was caught your car would be half apart in the shop and you'd have to use the original one. :p
... :o ...Personal experience...?

robw
06-03-07, 10:07 AM
He does sound a bit jaded, doesn't he? :p

Jssaab
06-03-07, 10:54 AM

At least it would not be $1200 for a knob...;oops:

... :o ...Personal experience...?

Mine, he just wants an LSD...

Story goes that I bought the Cobalt trans sight unseen off the internet, they listed it with the LSD, but it was the wrong one, the guy doing my rebuild tore it down before I could confirm and it cost me $400 for the breakdown and rebuild to send it back...

Live and learn ...

Raven18940
06-03-07, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I was parodying Jssaab's gearbox fisaco he was telling me about this weekend. All in good fun Joe. :cheesy:

Jssaab
06-03-07, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I was parodying Jssaab's gearbox fisaco he was telling me about this weekend. All in good fun Joe. :cheesy:

...Jim

Don't worry if I couldn't take it I wouldn't have said it...

robw
06-03-07, 06:09 PM
Good stuff John! (err.....Jeff?.... Jack?) ;)

Raven18940
06-03-07, 06:46 PM
...Jim

;oops: oh my, how did I get your name wrong. It's annoying being a George, no one ever makes that mistake. :p

robw
06-03-07, 06:48 PM
Don't sweat it Jorge! :p

Raven18940
06-03-07, 06:48 PM
Don't sweat it Jorge! :p
but you see, that's still pronounced the same :p

robw
06-03-07, 06:56 PM
Could be whore-hey! :p

Raven18940
06-03-07, 07:15 PM
Oh god, don't take me back to high school please. :roll:

Jssaab
06-03-07, 07:25 PM
No sweat I am horrible with names, that's why I'm not into sales..

It really sucks at work. I have a department of like 150 people and they all say hi to me like I know them ( its even worse when I'm out and meet someone from work out of context, my wife usualy saves the day by telling them I have no manners and introduces herself and gets the name for me!)

If you don't mind I'll keep calling you raven, it might be cool with the ladies ( ooo why do they call you raven???)

... cause after one time with me they all say ... nevermore..

Raven18940
06-03-07, 07:48 PM
... cause after one time with me they all say ... nevermore..
:o...............

Jssaab
06-03-07, 09:38 PM
^^ Just kindding of course all in fun...

back on topic, will these shift knobs fit??? Do they have the reverse lock out?
O'm not worried about breaking it I drive like an old man ( since I am one) ohterwise I am stuck getting a new one ( and paying through the nose ) or looking for a used one anyway - and we all know how well that works for me...

SectorNine50
07-03-07, 12:41 AM
^^ Just kindding of course all in fun...

back on topic, will these shift knobs fit??? Do they have the reverse lock out?
O'm not worried about breaking it I drive like an old man ( since I am one) ohterwise I am stuck getting a new one ( and paying through the nose ) or looking for a used one anyway - and we all know how well that works for me...
Hahaha what a topic shift...

I <3 this forum... :cool: