turbo swap NEED HELP! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: turbo swap NEED HELP!

rage22
2nd March 2007, 08:41 PM
alright so I've been trying to get my T2 off for about 2hours now, every bolt is rusted and im down to the last one and I look at the intake set-up on my old turbo and theres a bolt for the metal intake, but on the t-4 theres nothing... was I supose to buy the t7 conversion pipe from GS? no one said I needed anything all i was told was its a striaght swap maybe some new lines....

everything is off but one bolt, if i need the pipe im running a open turbo until it gets here, is the conversion pipe hard to put on do i need to take the turbo off for it or what?

Im pretty pissed right now so any help please!!!

tturboboy
2nd March 2007, 08:58 PM
the td04 uses an intake pipe that attaches to the turbo with a v clamp. you will neded to either get the stock td04 intake pipe and clamp or get the gen saab one. iirc i have seen mention of using silicon elbows and some piping to make an intake pipe but the details of how you would attach it to the turbo is unclear to me. don't run an open turbo you will be putting your new tdo4 at risk if it sucks up some debris. good luck

DFroelich
3rd March 2007, 12:21 AM
The TD04s have a decent lip to clamp to. A silicone elbow may pinch shut. Is there enough room for a 90degree metal elbow, then just use a straight silicone coupler from the to the turbo lip?

saabkid37
3rd March 2007, 12:51 AM
the aero td04 has a decent lip..the vig td04 he has doesnt have a lip