Stupid British weather [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Stupid British weather

heavy_t
24-04-03, 11:26 AM
Got halfway through waxing my car when it starts tipping it down :evil: :evil: What am I supposed to do with this now :roll:

Sparky
24-04-03, 11:49 AM
:lol: :lol: sorry for lauging..I couldn't help myself.

Stuart
24-04-03, 11:51 AM
Got halfway through waxing my car when it starts tipping it down :evil: :evil: What am I supposed to do with this now :roll:

The next time you wax, try doing one panel at time...(ducks for cover...)

heavy_t
24-04-03, 12:05 PM

I suppose so, but the wax I've got doesn't dry quick enough to buff it straight off again. I prefer to blame Tony Blair and his weather machine :(

BillJ
24-04-03, 01:38 PM
I take it you don't have a garage? This happened to me on Monday. I had washed my dad's 9000 (well, one of my 9000s, which only ever gets a wash and polish when I visit him a few times a year) and had got the polish on when it started to rain. Luckily, his garage is bigger than mine and I managed to get it in there sharpish with some room to get at one side. After waiting 1/2 an hour for the few rain spots to disappear, I polished off one side, then the other. Trouble was, I was going home that evening, so didn't have the option of leaving it until the weather improved.

I tried the same thing with my 9000 Aero in my own garage once and didn't have room to move. I had to wait until the rain stopped and wheel it out again to buff it off. :roll:

Hopefully, the rain will dry off it and you'll be able to continue where you left off.

BillJ
24-04-03, 01:40 PM
That's a pretty good idea. The AutoGlym stuff I use would probably be dry after I'd dome a couple of panels, so maybe two at a time is feasible.

heavy_t
24-04-03, 01:44 PM
I don't have a garage unfortunately :-? I think my 99 has lived outside for most of it's life so I'm surprised it hasn't got more rust....

Munki
24-04-03, 01:46 PM
I think it looks lovely Tom.

You could try a rag-rolled effect on the other side...or maybe a stenciled (or better - potato printed) motif...or a nice border :cheesy:

heavy_t
24-04-03, 01:54 PM
Maybe I'll call the BBC and they can send Lawrence Llewllyn-Bowen (sic) to come and mince around my car for an hour tastefully decorating with an MDF bodykit and some scatter cusions :nono; or not