Nordic Stage 2 Question... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Nordic Stage 2 Question...

Xeo01
26-02-07, 06:15 PM
I'm new, so hate me all you want :D. But I was interested in getting the Nordic Stage 2 from Genuinesaab.com and just wanted to know if anyone on the forum had this setup. I did a search but found everything but. Also does anyone know what catback they use?

Thanks,
Xeo01

Diggs
26-02-07, 06:39 PM
I would assume it's their own Nordic designed catback. As for gains per $$$ from the catback (not much), I think you should just stick to stage 1. Just my opinion.

Xeo01
26-02-07, 07:14 PM
So the added HP and TQ they state is just bunk?

Diggs
26-02-07, 08:09 PM
Interesting. Last I'd heard the catback only made a few more HP considering the downpipe is still stock. Seems like the downpipe would still be a bottleneck in the system.

GenuineSaab and Nordic are reputable sellers and tuners. Their products and service are top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them.

I don't think anyone has a Nordic Stage 2 on here. Maybe you should be the first! :cheesy:

Xeo01
26-02-07, 08:14 PM
I think I will give it a shot. I'm going to have some warranty work done (suspension rattle and worn paint) in the next few weeks. After this is complete I will get the Nordic Stage 2.

Thanks!

Diggs
26-02-07, 08:23 PM
Hmmm, there appears to be a discrepancy between Nordic's power gains and GenuineSaab's power gains. Nordic has 258 lb/ft and GS has 277 lb/ft. I would email Nick at GenuineSaab to ask why.

Dach
27-02-07, 07:41 AM
Nordic Stage 2 is 3" DP and 2.5" cat back using the Ferrita exhuast system.

Their DP has got 2 Cat converters to be environmentally friendly and yet performance driven.

Software is 235hp and 350Nm of torque.

Dach
27-02-07, 08:00 AM
This is the downpipe unlike any I've seen before.
Its got two Cats, one at the beginning after the turbo and the other one at the end.

edusaab
27-02-07, 09:13 AM
I have a 2003 9-3ss 2.0t vector(Europe Version, 175bhp) with Nordic Stage2.

Its superb!!! I don't know if genuinesaab.com continues to offer the PPC kit, but here in europe Nordic(concretly Magnus uhr) said to me that it won't be offered anymore. Now they send you a new ECU and when you have your ECU installed, then you send to them the old one.

The exhaust is a complete kit. Isn't only the cat back, its a complete exhaust, from the engine to the end.

The sound of the exhaust its incredible!!, louder than expected, but very sportier and well tuned. And about performance, well.........the car just flies!!

I must do some pics of the exhaust and video of the exhaust sound.

greetings

CL65Pilot
27-02-07, 09:27 AM
I have a 2003 9-3ss 2.0t vector(Europe Version, 175bhp) with Nordic Stage2.

Its superb!!! I don't know if genuinesaab.com continues to offer the PPC kit, but here in europe Nordic(concretly Magnus uhr) said to me that it won't be offered anymore. Now they send you a new ECU and when you have your ECU installed, then you send to them the old one.

The exhaust is a complete kit. Isn't only the cat back, its a complete exhaust, from the engine to the end.

The sound of the exhaust its incredible!!, louder than expected, but very sportier and well tuned. And about performance, well.........the car just flies!!

I must do some pics of the exhaust and video of the exhaust sound.

greetings

Video would be great! I cant wait to see it!

Dach
27-02-07, 12:27 PM
Thats right. Its an awesome sound! There is also a silent version for those looking for stealth.

From what I understand, there is still DP and/or Cat Back. It might be changing soon though.

The PPC is only for stage one now. Stage 2 and beyond is ECU only.

Thing I like about Nordic is that the build up is very smooth and sweet. Some guys would like the BSR as there is a torque surge feeling somewhere in between. Feels very aggressive.

Personally, I'd rather have a progressive build up vs a jerk/kick when the boost comes in. It does help with traction control under slippery road conditions.

Xeo01, hope our replies answered your question. Ferrita. ;)

Xeo01
27-02-07, 01:34 PM
Wow, you guys are great! That answered all of my questions. So basically what Genuinesaab is selling is a Stage 1.5. If I want a true Stage 2 I would have to send Nordic my ECU. I live in the USA and don't really feel like sending something that far. The PPC and the DP/CAT/Exhaust will work for me.

Thanks!

edusaab
27-02-07, 03:27 PM
Xeo, In my case, they send you a new ECU with the upgrade done jointly the exhaust and after that I send the "original" ECU.

I did some short videos with the camera(olympus Mju410). About 5-6 seconds from 70-120km/h in 3th gear.

A 9-3 viggen needs to do the same, about 5,4 seconds using 2nd-3rd gears.
a 9-5 Aero(250bhp) about 5,4s.

usually in some range of revs, about 2000-4500rpm is louder the exhaust than the engine, but when the engine is cold and at lower revs, usually is quite smooth and silent.

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/Edusaab/P22700077.sized.jpg

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/Edusaab/P22700055.sized.jpg

and two short films..........

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/Edusaab/P2270010.mov

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/Edusaab/P2270011.mov

greetings

Xeo01
27-02-07, 03:48 PM
So Nordic sends me a modded ECU while I send them my ECU. I might have to rethink this.:)

edusaab
27-02-07, 04:47 PM
You don't need to send them your ECU since you have installed the new one. That's more comfortable, in few minuts the dealer install the new one, gives you the stock one and then you can send them it, if you have any problem then you only must to say it and they will return your original ECU.

greetings

Xeo01
27-02-07, 05:08 PM
Got ya. Thanks! I'll be doing this in a few weeks. I can't wait!:cheesy: