SaabCentral Forums banner

Ignition coil?

823 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  djtaylor 
#1 ·
Does a 94 saab 9000 have ignition coil?I ask this because I need to find the tach wire for remote starting.Thanks

#4 ·
gotpiranha? said:
Does a 94 saab 9000 have ignition coil?I ask this because I need to find the tach wire for remote starting.Thanks
What's the idea with remote starting? I know what it does but I can't comprehend why I would want to start my car without being in it? Seems like a waste of petrol and a nice opportunity for someone to opportunisticly steal it if it's sitting there with the engine running.

David.

#7 ·
Self starters are designed for the Arctic initially for diesel applications. Many people down South like them as they get to drive a nice warm car right away. They are a dumb idea as idling an engine is very bad for it due to the lean mixtures. In Maine I can see no reaosn whatsoever why anyone would need one of these devices. I live in a much colder place and have no need of one. For safety you need to dress for the outside temperatures regardless of how warm your car is when you get into it.

Oh yes, and it is extremely bad for the environment. Question: when does a car get its worst fuel economy? When it idles as the mpg are zero.

#8 ·
Superaero, exactly!

I just bung an electric fan heater in the car on the frosty mornings here, works just the same. If people must insist on starting the engine to get the car warm, is it *really* that difficult to walk out to it first?

No need to answer that, I never thought it was that hard to turn on the lights or the windscreen wipers when it rains but it seems that some people need automatic switches for those functions too. :(

David.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.