SaabCentral Forums banner

Need help FAST - TCS, ABS, car wont start!

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Danny318 
#1 · (Edited)
I took my roomates 93 9000 CSE home to change the pads and rotors. I did the fronts first, went fine. Bled a little fluid out, fine. Did the rears. Tried to bleed fluid and nothing would come out and the pedal felt really wierd, like it would hardly move.
Then I tried to start the car and it wouldnt start. The TCS light was on. I noticed that the throttle valve, in the throttle body wont move on with the throttle cable. I moved it manually and got the car to start but it would just die as soon as i let it go.

WTF is going on here?! Any ideas? I need to get this thing running today

Okay UPDATE - I got it running, but it dies if I let off the gas, but the throttle works, but feels harder than it used to. The TCS light stays on, and check engine light flashes 5 times which is tps or that saftey valve thing, but that is brand new.

OKAY - with the car off, if i pull on the throttle cable by hand, it is really hard to pull and there a suction sounds coming from the Saftey Valve.

Brakes still feel weird, peddle is really hard but they work, at least in the driveway.

See less See more
#3 ·
If you mean the thing on the back of the caliper that moves the piston, no i didnt tighten it back down because the pads fit against the rotor pretty tight and I figured it would auto adjust as soon as i hit the brakes or the e-brake.

The ABS light isnt on I dont think. I took the car to a shop. they called today though and said they dont know what to do, I dont think they have the Tech2 scan tool thing.

If I bring it to the dealer, can they just reset the thing with the Tech2 or whatever it is? if nothing is broken and it just needs to be reset, how much are they gonna rape me for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.