SaabCentral Forums banner

9000 Hazard Switch

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wrenchin rustbuckets 
#1 ·
Is there any trick to removing the dash mounted hazard switch. I tend to miss little clips or tricks to make the job easy and cost low. Always end up replacing that small part 'cause I missed something

#3 ·
wrenchin rustbuckets said:
Is there any trick to removing the dash mounted hazard switch. I tend to miss little clips or tricks to make the job easy and cost low. Always end up replacing that small part 'cause I missed something
By the way, if you're having problems with your hazard lights not working properly, it's often the relay, not the switch?

#4 ·
Thank you for the info. I ended up goofing with it as usual. The issue to begin with was 2 of the 3 spring clips were broken plus the switch. The trim ring on the switch face was cracked so I nipped it apart and was able to pull the switch out. I also tried resoldering the relay after I put in a new switch but whatever was used to destroy the switch shorted the relay. So, new switch & new relay ($106 poorer) I can pass NY State inspection. Again Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.