SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab TCS

784 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KevinC 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to get rid of the tcs on a tcs car. I heard taht there was a way to take it off of your car. If this is possible does anyone know what entails. I spoke to my local saab tech and he said there is a disable switch, but that doesn't help if your TCS goes out.

#2 ·
I have heard essentially the same as you. The defeat switch does not keep the system from going into limp home mode, as I understand it.

Now that I have a 2.3l 9000T, I'm really seeing how useful a working TCS would be... just for fun I gave it about 3/4 throttle in 1st gear today. Going straight, dry road, I got almost no traction and the tach spun up to 6000 in only a couple blinks of the eye. Sure, my snow tires suck, but still... if I throw a turn into the equation, it will spin the tires at full boost in third gear (such as a cloverleaf type freeway onramp). And I am still at stock power. :eek: Man this car is fun, but driving it sure takes a lot of finesse with so much torque on tap! Doesn't help that my rear control arm bushings are shot and I don't think there is a speck of polyurethane in any mounts or bushings... will need to remedy that. A properly operating TCS would sure make it a lot more civil.

#3 ·
Working TCS w/ on/off switch is great, that is what I have. The switch does not fix TCS problems though.

Assuming it is maintained and calibrated correctly TCS works reasonably well. Problem is TCS is way too complex for many Saab dealers or mechanics to figure out, hence all the problems. Here in the UK there are many mechanics that can correctly fix TCS.

Removing it has been done, but very difficult, you must provide lots of donor parts and loads of your own time. MUCH easier to simply fix what you have. Many places can now rebuild the TB, and finding a junkyard Saab for parts means it does not have to cost much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.