SaabCentral Forums banner

Backfire '95 9000 Aero, 5-speed?

996 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  shortlid 
#1 ·
I was puting a few gallons of gas in my '95 (000 Aero 5-speed with 92k on the clock. When I got in to start the car after puting a few gallons in, it back fired once on start-up? It ran fine and no lights went off. Driven it a hundred miles since and no issues? What would cause this?

#6 ·
I got a flamer kit on mine. If I take it up to 80mph, then take my foot off the accel pedal, and let it drop down to 70, then put my foot down again, it'll blow a flame everytime when I switch the flamer on. Usually just flashes the flame, but have had it stay lit for 2 secs. The guy I was overtaking on the dual cariageway fell wayyyyy back behind when I ignited right next to him. haha.

I miss those days. I have forgotten what my car looks like now it's been away for so long. :( Dec 19th, 2006 was the last time I saw it.

#7 ·
Did it again

It did it again I think it might have to do with how I started it. This time I went into a store to get a soda, I shut off the engine but turned it to acc. so my wife who stayed in the car could listen to the radio. In a 9000 there is a safty feature so you can not engage the starter while the engine is running :cheesy: (took Toyota 6 years latter to put it in there lux. cars!) So I quikly turn it to off, where I think the cleaning sequence of the plugs is initiated, then turn it over. Could the cleaning sequence of the plugs and starting the car do that??:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.