SaabCentral Forums banner

Is my clutch toast??

700 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sharknet 
#1 ·
At max boost there is little to no acceleration, slight engine shudder, but the revs stay the same (no increase in RPMs). If I back off the throttle slightly, the acceleration comes back and I can accelerate moderately but not hard.

Could this be something else? Like the fuel pump isn't keeping up with the demand of the engine? Blocked fuel filter?

Any input would be appreciated.

Sharknet

1990 Saab 9000 CD

#2 ·
so your getting full boost? How far does your rpm go up?

I'd say your clutch was going if you were accelerating and it felt like it was slipping, or if there was just a tiny bit of grinding when you try and put it in gear.

If your RPM is limited, i would say that it is something else. I dont know what though, someone else around surely will. ;)

#5 ·
DI cartridge is the red thing on top of the engine wotsit. 4 screws to remove and a plug with electrical wire gubbins attached to unplug.

Pull off DI cartridge and pop new one and and re-attach bits.

Cost is either a new one or a second hand one and thus varies between Ebay and dealer price. For UK this could typically be between 50 quid to over a couple of hundred.

David.

#6 ·
a lot of people may argue this, but you can also replace it with a black DI from the newer saabs. Its about 1/2 the moneys. I paid $215 for a black one, when the red one (for the older saabs) costs over $400.

I'm using the black one, and its working great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.