Must be all the excitement elsewhere! (note the new moderator!) :cheesy:

BillJ
22nd April 2003, 08:22 PM
Bit quiet in here tonight innit?
Yep.

What excitement elsewhere :-??

heavy_t
22nd April 2003, 08:23 PM
Those there 99s are just so reliable, I guess nobody's got any problems with them today..... :cheesy:

On a serious note, I'm sure it will be a pleasure helping to moderate this forum :D Great crowd :D

I'd like to start by thanking the van driver who decided to write off my beloved c900 (R.I.P. Reg), leading to my wise (cough-no) decision to buy the first clapped-out beige 99 I saw. The rest is history......... :cheesy: :cheesy:

nutcase
23rd April 2003, 09:01 AM
Well it;s either gonna be real noisy, or quiet again tonight from my point of view. I *should* be getting a fuel pump on the way home from work today, but straight after that I'm off to Colchester to try and get a 1970 MGB running after sitting for 6 years. A relative breeze compared to my car I expect :) Hopefully I'll be back in time to put my pump in!

p.s. congrats for the "promotion" heavy :cheesy:

heavy_t
23rd April 2003, 09:10 AM
I *should* be geting a rubber engine mount this afternoon. Got the brackets from Saab Sanctuary this morning :D I hope it all fits!

Started the car up this morning just to move it off the drive and the whole thing's rattling like crazy :-?

heavy_t
23rd April 2003, 12:22 PM
I spoke too soon. Just got my sister to give me a lift to Daventry (about 45mins) to pick up this bit of rubber. When I get there the part is something completely different. Turns out the guy has ordered me the rubber mounting of a '94 900 and just *assumed* it'd be the same. Said the 99 wasn't on his system at all......

I won't mention the name but you'd expect a company with the word "Swedish" in its name to be able to order you the right bit for a Saab. :evil: :evil:

Sparky
23rd April 2003, 12:33 PM
Isn't that sort of thing annoying? I suggest you never go there again and you name him on here so nobody else goes there either.
Hmmm, I'm having a stresfull afternoon at work so my judgement may be a little harsher than normal....

nutcase
24th April 2003, 03:43 AM
Bad news heavy :(

I did get the MG going though... eventually! Went round everything about 3 times. New plugs, new leads, noew contacts, dribbled some petrol down the carb throttles. Nowt.

I took the plugs out again, took one look, and asked the guy whos car it was what he used to set the gap. Turned out he'd done it with the bit you use to actually bend the electrode. The gap was about a mil and a half! CLosed them up and VROOOM!

Aargh!

heavy_t
24th April 2003, 06:09 AM
An MG eh? I wouldn't have bothered personally. Don't like the things :-? . There's one in the back of this month's classics magazine where some guy's taken an old VW Beetle engine and running gear and put an MG body on the top. That's a bit like putting corduroy elbow patches on a leather jacket.....if you get me!

nutcase
24th April 2003, 04:31 PM
Well to quote the guy who owns it "I'm as happy as a pig in ****". Not sure how he managed to say * but, you get me :cheesy: He likes it, and has been rebuilding it for the last couple of years. Not really my thing either, but each to their own :)