SaabCentral Forums banner

Goodbye APC gauge...

567 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  vnv727 
#1 ·
Misposted on the tuning forum... oops...

Hi all,

Just having a couple of issues with my 1996 9000 Aero (remapped, with an Abbot backbox, but otherwise standard). Basically, the APC gauge has stopped working, and I've noticed that my dump valve is kicking in at random intevals when flooring the throttle.

I'm reckoning an air leak somewhere... would anyone be able to point me in the right direction, please?

Regards,
Keith

#2 ·
yeah go from the intake where the filter is housed its the lower right side if your standing in fronbt of the car....now follow that flexable looking hose to the left about a foot you should see another hose going up attached to a silver colored intake pipe....where its conncted to that black plastic thing(the dump valve) check those 2 clamps and check the vaccum line...just follow it back to the back of the engine baythere should be a y connector connected to it....if not find the y and connect it....sometimes the other hose falls off so check that too......check all your clamps haing to do with bringing in air...if that doesnt work remove that plasic cover behind the bulkhead....it the aquarium cover or something..i suck at names :roll: ...anyway take out all those little screws and pull of the cover now trace the wire from the back of the y connector under the bulkhead or rather through it usually and then make sure that hose is connected somewhere if its not then come back and tell us.....

#4 ·
nope easy as can be just lift the aquarium cover off and follow it back...the connect point is a little tricky to find so make sure you dont knock the hose off before u know wehere it is...its a 10 minut job tops mostly for undoing the screws holding down the cover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.