SaabCentral Forums banner

Thermostat Replacement Woes.....help

882 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  vnv727 
#1 · (Edited)
okay so i replaced the thermostat with one i got from napa....it did not have and hole to be put on the top nor did it have that hole in that flat disc on the back of the washer like the one i took out......so maybe i wont get heat till my engine heats up, which is cool with me im a winter person anyone and i usually keep it at 17C all year round anyway.....but after doing that my temperature gauge isnt reading high up in the red....but its not reading at all..its down at the bottom and wont move after 4 minues of driving( i didnt want to drive any longer on the first run just in case something went wrong :evil: ) anyway so i have this yellow wire that is insulated and comes from under the throttle body and towards the front of the car and i puushed it out of the way so now its up between the plasticbulhead and the throttle body...........is it a yellow wire that shows the temperature gauge on the inside of the car??? if so where does it go cause i cant seem too find anyplace too stick the wire??

please help me out guys

#3 ·
okay i will order one from the saabsite...but untill i do can u tell me why the temp gauge in the car isnt working...it justs sits on the bottom....does a yellow wire control it because for the life of me i cant figure out where it goes....os is the sensor something else.......

#4 ·
vnv727 said:
.....but after doing that my temperature gauge isnt reading high up in the red....but its not reading at all..its down at the bottom and wont move after 4 minues of driving( i didnt want to drive any longer on the first run just in case something went wrong :evil: ) anyway so i have this yellow wire that is insulated and comes from under the throttle body and towards the front of the car and i puushed it out of the way so now its up between the plasticbulhead and the throttle body...........is it a yellow wire that shows the temperature gauge on the inside of the car??? if so where does it go cause i cant seem too find anyplace too stick the wire??
You know, I think the wire for the temperature sensor that runs the gauge was yellow, at least on my '87. It came from where you describe, and was connected to the sensor which was on the battery side of the engine block. Where it connects didn't look like a typical electrical connection. Rather, it looked just like a metal disc that happens to be the right size to accept a 1/4" female spade terminal. I'm not sure if it's the same in 1994, but check it out.

#5 · (Edited)
wow okay thanks, ill check tomorrow thankyou aaron

yep it is a femal spade connector on the end of the yellow wire on mine.....umm is this disc like clealy visible or do you know what its attached to or even what may be a rough estimation from a fixed point.... if you can would be great

thankyou again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.