SaabCentral Forums banner

Front brake hose unions etc - seized!

967 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Norman Lovie 
#1 ·
`97 9000 2.3

Have a spare front NS caliper & will hopefully be able to fit it & say goodbye to occasional sticking of current one. So, first step is to remove pipe to caliper & of course it`s seized solid. To be prepared for problems I might need a new flexi pipe, but then there is that short section of steel brake pipe screwed into caliper. So, will this come with a new flexi hose ( no sign of it on the SAAB parts cat I have) or will I have to get this bit made up at the parts shop? Other prob is that the end of the flexi has what appears to be a union attached which has no hex on it - just appears a stepped circular section - how is this tightened??

Would appreciate help from someone who`s been there before!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
julianm said:
Thanks for the tip Mark - have already sourced a flexi I`m afraid - all stainless would be nice however!
Would you know if I have to remove the wheelarch liner to get at the upper flexi union?
Thanks, Julian
No but you will usually find its very difficult to undo the union and to get a grip above the union means the liner is best removed IIRC.

#5 ·
Definately remove liner. you have to pop out the C shape securing clip that holds the flexy hose end fitting onto the mounting bracket. Note you have to back out the fitting on the oposite side ( from the hard pipe side) not the flexy side otherwise you,ll end up twisting & shearing the hardpipe above the union, good chance its well coroded. Sock in WD first & gently remove any crud from above the fitting before atempting to back it out

Recommend you stand by with a pipe flaring tool & new fittings + a fitting bush + some spare pipe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.