SaabCentral Forums banner

Need a wiring diagram. Please help me!

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  djkindt 
#1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post here. I am not actually a Saab owner but I just aquired a pair of Saab leather seats. They are both power, and the driver's side has memory. I think they're heated too.
I am actually trying to fit these in my 1973 bmw 2002. I need a wiring diagram so I can figure out how to hook them up. I wouldn't mind if I could disable the memory option if that would make it easier to hook them up. Any help or links to wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Dylan

#5 ·
From memory, there should be a connector with red/black which is 12V and ground for the power seat. The other connector is just for the heated seat which without the controller switch won't be of much use.

All of the memory and switching for the seat movement is onboard so it should just be power that's required.

David.

#6 ·
Okay,
I'm pretty positive they're out of a Saab 900. I got the passenger seat to work fine in my home with a regulated power supply, and also got the driver's to work just hooking up power and ground. I guess I was just wondering what all the other wires were for and if they are needed.
Also,
the yellow and black wires look like they go to the seat heaters. Is there any way to make this work with just a simple on-off switch? Thanks for the help.
Dylan
PS. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I'm not too familiar with Saabs.

#8 ·
Here's a thought, to ensure you have thermostatic control, why not get a couple of Saab heated seat switches, set them to the required setting and then have a dash mounted switch to provide power on/off to the hidden Saab switch. This way you'll have your basic control but with all the safety and control of the original switch.

David.

#9 ·
Okay,
The driver's seat motors don't work very well. They just make a clicking noise when I try to adjust them. Is there an easy way to convert the seats to manual adjustments instead of power? That would make installing them way easier. Thanks again,
Dylan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.