SaabCentral Forums banner

new used 95 9000CDE

602 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  djtaylor 
#1 ·
Hi Group,
Maybe this is a little late, but I want to inquire as to what to expect in a used 95 9000CDE my daughter's boyfriend just purchased. He just bought the car today and had to have it cause settlement money was burning a hole in his pocket. Steered him away from a Honda Civic and a Chev Malibu(I'm a Swede car fan, having Volvos myself).
He paid $3800 from the asking price of $4500.
Is this model reliable/dependable? It has 102k on it, how many miles can we expect to tally on the 6cyl powerplant? The previous owner says he just put new valve cover(one was cracked) and gasgets as well as a timing belt and exhaust six months ago, costing $800. He's going to produce the paperwork as they were in his work office. Fluids are clean/clear. During the test drive the car didn't start after checking the fluids as he said the newer battery was shot( a week old)??!! The dash meter read 13.8 volts?! The owner swapped with a new replacement battery before we bought it.
The seller works at small dealership and this was his personal car, stating that once in a great while they get bad batteries.
The radio didn't work as he said we needed the code. The driver's seat heater stopped working this winter.

Please comment as much as possible.

Thank You,

Kevin

See less See more
#3 ·
The Saab will last a very long time if cared for, the heated seats are easy to fix, typically it's just a broken element which can be soldered back together. Easy to find too, just pop the base seat cover off and look for the burnt bit. (It could be a fuse (unlikely) or the seat switch in the dash itself (i've had a couple of failures) but either way, it's an easy fix.

As far as anything about the V6 engine, I know nothing so can't help you there. I only know about the 4 cyl manuals. :)

David.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.