SaabCentral Forums banner

Walbro or Bosch fuel pump?

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rectus femoris 
#1 ·
my fuel pump has slowly been getting louder...over the past 20K miles. I feel that replacing it may save me from being stranded on the side of the road. does anyone know how to tell if the insert requires a Bosch or Walbro unit? I don't want to rip it all apart just to find out, put it back together, order it, rip it apart again.........

#4 ·
Yes, great reference and price, thanks!

Does anyone think that it's worthwhile to replace a fuel pump just as preventative maintenance, at 203k miles? I'm going on a long trip this summer and being stranded is not an option. Then again, my old '87 never gave any fuel pump trouble in all the time I owned it (180k miles - sold with 330k miles).

Assuming I had it replaced at a shop, do they tend to only replace the whole assembly, or will they do just the insert? It seems like it would only take maybe an extra half hour to do the insert. That's a huge savings, considering the cheapest I have found the whole assembly so far (new) is over $400...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.