SaabCentral Forums banner

Hub [front] assembly question

543 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ragtopcav 
#1 ·
OK I need to pick the brains of some of you guys that have ran more 9000's than me [only on our 2nd].

I want a hub to play with, really :lol: I have an idea for the front brakes, but I do now want to take the running car off the road, so I need a hub, my thoughts are to unbolt one from a car in a yard, remove the hub assembly from the strut and wishbone/steering joints. What year can I use? Is the CS assembly different to earlier items? The key dimensions I wish to work with are the calliper bolt on flange relative to the rotor mounting face.

#2 ·
there is no discerning difference in any year, the only differences are 87 turbos went to bigger discs and different calipers n/a followed in 90 but nothing else changes the wheel brg changes sizes too went from 17mm bolts to hold it on to 10mm allan key again around 1990 but from then on it all stayed the same, dont fix what ain't broke kinda thing i guess

#3 ·
Thank you sir; my guess was that the raw component [hub carrier or whatever it is called] remained unchanged and the bolt on bits evolved over time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.