SaabCentral Forums banner

I blame charliew, a new poster!!

610 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Promaine 
#1 ·
I was responding to a private message last night from him, telling him to do some of the popular jobs himself and I mentioned a typical one, that being the leaky washers.

Guess what happened today? My non-return valve decided to become very non return by blowing itself apart and depositing the nearly full contents of the washer bottle on the car park as I was waiting for the kids on the school run.

What got me most was that plenty of people gave the stream of water running across the car park from my car odd looks but not one of them thought to mention it to me in case it could be a problem.

Unlike me, who stopped a woman on the M40 motorway last week having first noticed she had a flat tyre 10 miles earlier and I'd been waiting for her to catch up after a traffic hold up, I then proceded to use the electric pump in the boot to sort her out (probably bead seal slow leak) and I was the guy that stopped to get another woman with her family going while on the way to the school run the week before by sorting out her serpentine belt oh and I pumped up another womans tyre in the school playground last week.

Ok i'm not looking for brownie points but please tell me that there are other Saab peeps out there that don't mind helping others out?

David.

See less See more
#2 ·
I help people ALL THE TIME. I've given away fluids, driven people to gas stations, driven people home after car accidents, etc. The past couple of days I've been having trouble getting my car to start (cold morning and short trip-- bad combination). I have to lug my battery jumper pack basically everywhere. This morning my car left me stranded at a gas station. Three individual people watched me fumble with my keys, my phone (I was on the line with the dealership, ha ha) my jumper pack cables, and the 30-lb device itself, and offered such helpful comments as "my car was doing that, too" or "it might be your battery". I am not a very strong woman and I've got arthritis in my elbow (not that I expected them to know that), so lugging that stupid thing around is difficult and painful. If I'm clearly struggling to accomplish something and failing, the least you can do is keep your mouth shut instead of stating the obvious.

Sorry for the rant. I have a new battery on order.

#4 ·
I stop and help people where-ever possible. I like seeing a happy smile at the end of my efforts. But some people are just ungreatful and the more ungreatful people are the less willing I have become to help others. Some day I fear I will become the most ignorant ******* around and wont want to help anyone. Wont be my fault though, I'll blame all the ungreatful people I've leant a hand too in the past. :cheesy:

#5 · (Edited)
people generally have a problem helping other people unless the other person is driving a piece of S domestic car.

I had a flat battery in a mall parking lot parked right near the door, Every time I asked for a jump start the person would look at me, take a good up and down look of my car, and say... umm, sorry im in a rush.

I was driving my old land rover and im certain that had a huge impact on the lack of helpfulness from others.

One guy said, "Land Rover huh?" And i was like, yea, its right over there? He said, "Sorry im late for something" and he left. One guy parked right in front of my car, and i asked him for a jump start, and he said, "I will when i get back out" and i waited 1/2 an hour for him to get done shopping, and he said, sorry i dont think your jumper cable will reach (IT WAS 10 FEET LONG!) and he left. And because he was parked there, It was impossible for anyone else to jump me.

The only person that helped me after asking 7 people was an old guy driving a range rover. :confused:

Maybe they were intimidated becuase a 18 year old kid was driving a nicer car than they were? I dont know, but I always help people if i can, unless they look like a serial killer and its late at night.

Havnt ever had a flat battery with my saab tho :cheesy:, light shut off when the car shuts off. Actually I've never been stranded with my trusty saab. When stuff breaks, its still drivable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.