SaabCentral Forums banner

9000 Aero MY97 - O2/Lamda Sensor

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Aero_Ady 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone know/have any views on how often the O2 sensor should be changed. Do driving conditions dictate this to a larger extent?? i.e city stop/start vs country/hwy driving??

Thanks
Tony :)

#2 · (Edited)
Wouldn't bother unless the engine fault light came up with the fault code for lambda sensor

trionic 5 flash codes

2 Flashes - MAP sensor
3 flashes - Intake air temperature sensor
4 flashes - Coolant temperature sensor
5 flashes - Throttle position sensor
6 flashes - Oxygen sensor (lambda probe)
7 flashes - Fuel / air mixture
8 flashes - EVAP valve
9 flashes - faulty ecu

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94046 might help also

#3 ·
Look for the symptoms first,
Iratic idle, poor running at low to mid, drop in fuel economy. When you do buy check first if its a 3 or 4 wire sensor

SMSAERO said:
Hi, does anyone know/have any views on how often the O2 sensor should be changed. Do driving conditions dictate this to a larger extent?? i.e city stop/start vs country/hwy driving??

Thanks
Tony :)

#5 ·
Funny this was just mentioned on here. My CEL just came on, on the way home tonight, the 6 flashes gave me the direction of o2 sensor (I love a system that tells you what's wrong :D). My idle has been trying to drop-off the last few journeys, and my consumption has dropped from 23 to 19mpg (I wondered what was wrong)

how often the O2 sensor should be changed?
In my opinion, every 100117 miles :cheesy:

#6 ·
I'm suffering lambda fault too at the moment. On my 9000 Aero it has the 4 wire type but the weird thing is that at the plug at the back of the engine has three wires but worked fine until three days ago & i've had the car six months with no faults until now. I'm looking into it further this week & i will get to you & post what i find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.