SaabCentral Forums banner

Throttle Position Sensor on a 1994 9000 Aero

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  boxman 
#1 · (Edited)
Puzzling Part Number. Throttle Position Sensor on a 1994 9000 Aero.

My 1994 9000 Aero has just developed two fault codes which are # 6 which is lambda sensor which is no problem to fix & # 5 which is the throttle position sensor. On my aero it has the smaller type with the part number ending in 004 & all the other smaller TPS's i've seen end in 001. Can anyone help advise me in any way if i can use the 001 or does it have to be the 004 ?

#2 ·
Unusual for two faults simultaneously, has one dragged the other in. The TPS is a variable resistor & therfore you can check it with an ohm meter. These are the figures kindly provided by Chris for a 95 manual aero

TPS sensor, pins 1-2 1876ohms, pins 2-3 1007ohms @idle, 2490ohms @ WOT, smooth increase in resistance when throttle is opened.

#3 ·
My TPS is giving erratic resistance so i know it is defernatly faulty but i'm having problems in getting the correct part. The TPS on mine is the smaller type & the part number ends in 004. The only TPS,s i can locate end in 001, would this TPS be compatable ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.