SaabCentral Forums banner

Turning right at high speed

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tristan_the_trout 
#1 ·
91 9000. Whenever I make right turns going at higher speeds 55-80 mph, the car will shift almost as if it has gone over an uneven part of the pavement. I've checked the air pressure in the tires, and that is not the issue. Suspension issue?

#5 ·
Good news is that on the Saab 9000, the ball joint is cheap and easy to change, unlike my wife's Volvo where the ball joint is part of the lower wishbone casting and you have change the whole wishbone. I'd like to meet the person that thought that up and discuss that design!

David.

#6 ·
Fixed

Thanks for the info. Luckly when I changed the ball joint I checked both of them...I "assumed" it was the right ball joint becuase when I turned right, the problem occured, turns out it was in fact the left one. All is well now. Thanks again

#7 ·
dak83 said:
Thanks for the info. Luckly when I changed the ball joint I checked both of them...I "assumed" it was the right ball joint becuase when I turned right, the problem occured, turns out it was in fact the left one. All is well now. Thanks again
That's because in a right-hand turn the center of gravity shifts to your left. In fact, in a hard right turn, the right side will take very LITTLE stress compared to the left.

-=tristan=-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.