SaabCentral Forums banner

Boost creep

725 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Norman Lovie 
#1 ·
Hey folks, after searching the forums a bit on my boosting issue Ive diagnosed that Im plauged with boost creep. I read that this could involve a faulty boost controller, or the wastegate.
After removing the controller and giving it a healthy spray of WD-40 along with a good shot of compressed air, I knowticed an increase of overall boost which was previously stuck at the start of the red line, now boosting well into the black zone.
During the test run I knowticed while at full throttle the boost gauge would go into the black mark then slowly creep back to about mid red, back and forth, a tad up, a tad down.
So what I'm looking to find out is if the boost controller and the wastegate are the only two varibles involved in boost creep...If not what else may cause the problem?

#2 ·
Try disconnecting the Battery for a few hrs then do the 2000rpm to 3500rpm over min 3secs at WOT adaption proccess. Then see if its the same afterwards = you may have negative adaption due to? fuel grade, plugs etc..
Check your dump valve for a leak & the vacuum hose circuit
Expect boost tail off as you up the RPM / engine load = normal
Ignoring the boost gauge, can you feel the power tail off, more boost does not necessarily = more torque
Check your base boost value, if its too high it play,s havoc with the ECU in the mid to upper range as it tries to work out whats happening & this is seen by varying boost
cheers

#4 ·
Shortthrow said:
what is this WOT?
:D :D :D

As I biker at heart I also wondered what this phrase ment but didn,t have the balls to ask, i,ve assumed it means Wide Open Throttle. Up in Huntly we,ed say "flat oot"
In reality it means don,t hold back on hitting the throttle, pump the peddle quickly to the stop, if you dither it effects the consistancy of the boost results
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.