SaabCentral Forums banner

Heat working, but not HOT!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  97 Aero 
#1 ·
The heat is working but its only coming out warm. even when I have it set to HI it still does not blow very hot. No where near the temp of my other cars.

The heater core was just replaced.

Any ideas?

#4 ·
I have sort of a similar problem. I have to set the ACC to 76 degrees F or higher to get any heat out of the system, otherwise it just blows cold air. Setting to high doesn't seem to output very hot air, though it's hot enough to get the cabin toasty. If I set it to something like I'd normally use, 68 degrees or so, it's going almost full blast on A/C. ??? My outside air temperature is reading about 60 degrees high. Does the ACC use that measurement to determine what to do on the inside?? If so, that would explain things, I think.

#8 ·
From the sounds of it my thermostat is the culprit..

I wonder if this is related to another issue I get every summer..

As soon as the outside temps get to roughly 14 degree celcius I get a check engine light. If the temps drop down below that for a period of time (winter) the check engine light goes off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.