SaabCentral Forums banner

Shody Bodywork Repairs after Break in!

558 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  its_tricky83 
#1 ·
So after a massive break in my car is currently being repaired, supposably all the repairs are done except the sunroof and roof respray.

They've contracted another company to fix my sunroof, a company who I always take my car too. So I went and had a look at the job so far and took a quick look over the car... Take a look at this picture I've made.

That picture is exactly what I've printed to give to the bodyworks when I go to pic the car up.. I talked to them on the phone today and mentioned they missed something,,, all of a sudden a change of tone on the phone, as if to say "How dare I".. so I'm fricken p!ssed off.

I've had to remove this part before myself and know all well the process of taking apart the entire door. I don't know how the frig they missed putting the part back in. Surely they would have noticed,,, and just hoped that I wouldn't... SHODY... just SHODY..

You can see below that the part was there to begin with.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry about the break-in, that really sucks. I totally agree with you about the shoddy repair work. Doesn't missing that molding present a leak or something?? Maybe not, but you're quite right, how could you possibly think it was right without that piece? My old car was broken into many many years ago, and they broke that same window. Hopefully they don't give you any flack about getting that missing part installed, and the rest of the repairs are done with better attention to detail.

#3 ·
Aaron Gilbert said:
Sorry about the break-in, that really sucks. I totally agree with you about the shoddy repair work. Doesn't missing that molding present a leak or something?? Maybe not, but you're quite right, how could you possibly think it was right without that piece? My old car was broken into many many years ago, and they broke that same window. Hopefully they don't give you any flack about getting that missing part installed, and the rest of the repairs are done with better attention to detail.
Yeah, it does present a leak. I've had to replace the black support beam myself not long ago and managed not to stuff it up, and I'm an amature, these guys are professionals. Trust me if they don't do the job right, Hobart is a very small place and I know alot of people with cars they love, that are constantly needing bodywork. They will all be hearing my opinion if the job is not done right in the end.

Supposably the car will be ready Thur/Fri for pickup. I'll fill this thread in with the outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.