SaabCentral Forums banner

Scanning 94 9000

785 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Windexcheese 
#1 ·
I was wondering where the port for the obd 1 scanner is? Im pretty sure my 94 9000 cs is obd1. What type of scanner do i need? i have an autoxray scanner. On the left side of the odometer where it tells you which doors are open its showing an SRS red light in middle of the little car diagram. I know the srs is the self restraint system but i dont know why its coming up, any help would be appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
I've had this, all I had done to make that light come on was put some wires in behind the airbag, and had accidentally moved (touched) some of the air-bag wires, some of them can be really sensitive. Apparently the system checks at start-up what the wire's resistances are and if they're different to last time it shows the light. try disconnecting the battery negative for an hour. If that doesn't work, the light (flag) needs resetting with tech2 equipment, at the dealer.

#7 ·
There's a little plastic plate under the front of the passenger seat - the connectors are behind there. Black one for the engine, green one for the SRS - don't go mucking with it, get to a dealer and have a tech with and ISAT or tech II scan it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.