Fuel Pressure Gauge [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Fuel Pressure Gauge

tristan_the_trout
28-01-07, 10:07 AM
Hey all! I'm potentially having fuelling issues and i want to hook up a gauge to make sure my FPR isn't shot. Where's the best place to splice into? Before the FPR, or on the return line?

thanks guys

-=tristan=-

KevinC
28-01-07, 10:28 AM
Mine has been checked in the past by attaching a hose for a gauge before the FPR.

Albert Trout
28-01-07, 10:47 AM
I'll second that. I check mine quite regularly, and I tap in between the fuel rail and the FPR. I bought some high pressure injection hose, and lengthened it to make it all a bit less fiddly.

tristan_the_trout
28-01-07, 03:49 PM
I'll second that. I check mine quite regularly, and I tap in between the fuel rail and the FPR. I bought some high pressure injection hose, and lengthened it to make it all a bit less fiddly.
on my 9000 the FPR is mounted ON the rail though, but i'll give the pre FPR hook-up a go. thanks guys :D

tristan_the_trout
30-01-07, 04:45 PM
hey all, again :D So, also, i was wondering, is there a way to differentiate whether it's the FPR or fuel pump causing the issue if i do come up with low figures. (i'll be installing the gauge tonight) i'm thinking it might be FPR, as my problems only occur at low idle, and dissipate at boost. Perhaps the boost helps raise the fuel pressure, and until then i'm having issues?

thanks for any input,

-=tristan=-

tristan_the_trout
31-01-07, 07:18 PM
bumpity bump....

i have a spare FPR i can try first; if i can find it that is. :/