SaabCentral Forums banner

Vintage Saab 9000 Film needs help!

714 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  saabvideos 
#1 ·
Folks,

We need help with donations in getting the 2nd Saab 16 millimeter film converted to digital format for everyone to enjoy.

http://www.saabhistory.com/2007/01/24/the-next-saab-film-saab-9000/

This film covers the early introduction of the Saab 9000.

Please take a look at this clip I managed to take.

The film company does some very good quality conversions as you may see in our previous video with Erik Carlsson.

I look forward to your response in supporting this project.

#2 ·
So one thing I am a little bit unclear on is the price for the video once completed. It looks as though you will have it available on DVD once converted. How much will it be to purchase the DVD? Will the same quality video also be available for download, and if so, will the price be lower?

#3 ·
I cannot charge for the videos, nor for the DVD, just the cost of a blank DVD and the shipping for someone that wants to take on the entire production cost of the film being converted from 16mm to DVD format. Providing them a copy of the completed conversion would be a given for someone willing to donate the entire cost, otherwise the incremental costs go towards the total.

The film online will be MPEG-4, not MPEG-2, so a reduced quality. Currently, all videos are hosted on google videos and there is not currently a simple way to download videos from that site.

I am basically looking at only taking donations to get the film online initially for the Saab Community at-large. The overall goal here is viewability for everyone over the internet, not the facilitating of building people's home video archive for their own use that the global community may never see.

* Keeping the material easily accessible for generations to come

#5 · (Edited)
This video clip is only about 5 seconds long and is already on google videos, embedded on the page.

The new video will also be in google, but I need the donations before we move forward in converting the video (ie. the video is currently on a big 16mm reel-to-reel").

The new video, if I recall is about 15-20 minutes long. It'll be a good one to see, if we can get some donations here.

#7 ·
Folks,

I see that 90 people have visited this posting since I indicated that we need donations for the 9000 introduction video project.

If each of the 90 people gave just $5 donations, we would have $450 well overshooting the remaining 3 videos needed to be converted by $123.

Please donate, it'll be a good video once it's up live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.