SaabCentral Forums banner

HEEEEEEELP Leaked all antifreeeeeze

739 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thatracer 
#1 · (Edited)
I was driving and smoke from the engine bay. Openned the hood and it was antifreze. It was coming from the middle back of the engine. Any ideas?? I put water to test drive it and it drives fine. (I dont drive it long since its leaking all the water) :cry: 97 Saab 9000 Turbo

#2 ·
Likely one of the heater hoses is gone. There's a long one on the back of the engine under all the intake plumbing. That's the cooler return hose. The usual one to fail is the hot one coming off the thermostat housing. Change 'em both.

The only other place you could get massive coolant leaks from there would be the head gasket and that is unlikely. The head gasket doesn't usually fail back there and if it did the engine wouldn't run very well, likely.

#5 ·
Tough to even see, let alone photo. You are looking up from underneath the car above the steering rack and you should see the heater hose connect to a hard pipe snugged along the back of the engine block. Before you go under the car, check the end that comes out of the false bulkhead right behind the throttle housing and see if that is intact. My guess is that the other end of this hose has failed or come unclipped right under the intake manifold at the clutch end of the engine, unless the hard line has cracked which would surprise me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.