SaabCentral Forums banner

Tapping injectors? (two questions)

511 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Superaero 
#1 ·
So there is a light tapping noise in my engine bay when the car idles (or that’s the only time I hear it) I think it might be the injectors or the ac compressor because it almost doesn’t sound fast enough to be injectors. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas and if I should be worried about it:eek:?

Also (side note) my window washers don’t seem to be working on the windshield or the headlights, seems like there is just a bad spot in the hose because the fluid comes out on the ground but I wanted to know if there is a common spot where it breaks? Maybe that’s a dumb question and I should just find the leak, haha:roll:.

#2 ·
to hear the injectors is completely normal. They make quite a bit of noise when they pulse and with a quiet engine at low RPMS it's quite easy to hear them.

on a side note, get off your keester and go look for your W/F leak :p

-=tristan=-

#3 ·
There's a couple of T valves in the washer system, that tend to leak. Inside front passenger wheel leak is the T valve below/next to the washer fluid tank & the other T valve is under the hood below the drivers side window wiper (US specs).

Tapping noise could be anything. Does it quiten down after the car warms up? Does it change according to the revs?
To test/eliminate the AC compressor you could remove the ac belt and idle the car not too long (no water pump function). If the sound's still there not AC compressor

#4 ·
hhmm... as for the washers, yeah, check all the connectors first, but in my case, my leak was caused by some.. what i figure was putz job 90 degree connector that had a hole in it for .. who knows what... but check around where the lines for the HL wipers go up next to the radiator as there's a sharp edge there that can wear things down.. Try having someone hit the washers for you and poke your head around under the bonnett :D

-=tristan=-

#6 ·
Fuel pressure regulators tick noisily in some later 9000 engines. Perfectly normal. Hydraulic lifters are rarely silent and this is OK too.

The hole in the washer line non return valves is normal (it is needed to allow the internal tiny rubber diaphragm to flex as it is designed to do) but if fluid is leaking out of this hole then the tiny rubber diaphragm is shot which is how they fail. Replace with a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.